keskiviikko 6. toukokuuta 2015

6th of May

It's wednesday again. I have to admit that I forgot to write the blog.. Oops. 

Well, last weekend we didn't do anything spectacular. We went to see the city, shopped in Drake Circus etc.

In work i've been doing lots of things. I've been doing sorting, prising, putting clothes and items to the shop. In oxfam all workers are volunteers exept my supervisor Lesley. Many of volunteers do 1-2 days in a week, shifts are from 4-9 hours. It depends on person. I think there is about ten to fifteen people working in here. 
Oxfam sells all kinds of things: clothes, shoes, accesories, books, toys, homewares. Oxfam is doing it's work to support poorer countries. Now because of earthquake in Nepal many have come to donate money or items to sell and support the people in crisis. 

Clothes ready to be steamed.

Upstairs.

In monday was Bank Holiday so Oxfam was closed and I didn't have to work. So in sunday I went out with the spanish girl and her friends. It was so fun, spanish people are so different. 

I have to admit that I'm not so happy with my work placement. There is so many people and not much to do.. Sometimes there is lots of things to do but like today I had to clean and hoover places because there wasn't anything else to do. Or so said the lady who was "the boss" today...  Today there was 11 people working so it wasn't surprise that there wasn't much to do. 

Stairs to basement. 
 


1 kommentti:

  1. I'm glad you have made new friends. People in southern Europe are different from Finnish people. My experience is that they are more talkative and relaxed. How about British people? Have you noticed big differences compared to us Finns?
    How big is this Oxfam shop? How about the goods they sell, is the quality approximately the same as in Finnish second hand shops?
    It can annoying if there isn't much work to do. I wonder why they take volunteer workers if they are not needed so much. Would it be possible for you to take you laptop to work and write your blog when it's quiet at the shop. You could explain that writing a blog is part of your training. You could find out information about Oxfam and write it on your blog. I think Oxfam is a old charity organisation and helps people in various countries.
    By the way, the staircase looks a bit murky.
    Have a nice new week!

    VastaaPoista