keskiviikko 29. huhtikuuta 2015

Here in Plymouth

It is wednesday, I just got out off work. In sunday me and Kristiina walked to the city centre and back. In monday Judith took us to city business park in Almond's office. There we met Petra and Gabby. After brief chit chat Gabby took us to see Plymout city, the Hoe and barbican. Then we had a lunch break. After lunch break we firt visited Kristiinas working place and then mine. In Oxfam my supervisor weren't even bothered to come and meet me as Gabby and my boss Lesley had planned. Though Lesley weren't there, other lady called Pat gave me tour around 3-floor-shop. Tuesday, yesterday, was my first real day in Oxfam. Yesterday I was just upstairs with Fabiola doing online selling. Today I was in shop floor soing customer service and organizing things. 
Plymouth Hoe

Barbican 

This city is so much bigger from what I thought it would be. I think people are polite and nice and over all much more out going comparing to Finland. Here it is normal after work or school to go pub and see friends there. Pubs and cafees are really popular and busy all day long. 

Hot chocolate at Costa Coffee

Me and Kristiina ate lunch in monday at Jake's

 We have a lovely park next to our acommodation: Center Park.

-Rosa

1 kommentti:

  1. Plymouth looks pretty indeed. Too bad your supervisor wasn't there to welcome you. But you seem to have starting working alright. Can you put pictures of this Oxfam shop your blog? I'd like to know more about the shop. What do they sell? How many employees are there? Do you get lots of customers?
    Today I was informed that one of our students abroad was mugged on the street. She lost her handbag. So please be careful with your personal belongings.

    VastaaPoista